Saturday, December 19, 2009

He did it!!




Sam graduated with his Masters degree from the Colorado School of Mines on Friday. We are so proud of him, he has worked long and hard to get to this point. I am so grateful for a husband who has been willing to sacrifice so much and work so hard to become a better provider for our family. He is the BEST!!
Ruby and I were able to attend the graduation while Oliver stayed in Utah with Grandma and Grandpa Ross. The graduation was by far the best I have ever attended, the speaker was quick and funny (just as all graduation speakers should be). And the procession was flawless and totally professional - no flip-flops or decorated graduation caps here (the last graduation we attended was at the University of Hawaii).
Sam was totally elated and informed me that we can now all begin calling him "Master Sam", yeah right. For me it was somewhat bittersweet. I am very excited to move on to our next adventure, but at the same time I have really enjoyed the past five years (a.k.a. our entire marriage) that we have spent in school. We have gotten to know some incredible people and learned a lot about ourselves and our place in the world. So, while we say goodbye to formal education for now, I hope that we will keep on learning and growing (maybe I should have spoken at the graduation, tee, hee).
Way to go Sammy!!!

5 comments:

Veronica and Ryan said...

Yea! Nice work Sam!

Megan said...

Yeah for SAM! So where are you guys ending up? What's the verdict? Are you going back to Colorado? Merry Christmas!

Ann said...

Congrats to both of you! That is so exciting! I can't wait til we can say the same. I remember Janell saying we were going to be done before you guys but Sam beat us to it! Good luck on the next chapter of your lives!

Anna said...

Congrats Sam, that's awesome!!!

A Note from Kaleo and Megan said...

Congrats Sam (and Janell)! It takes two of you to get through school with two beautiful kids! We are so happy for you all!