Friday, June 25, 2010

The Potty Train...

I had pretty much psyched myself out about potty training. Everything I read and everything I heard was about how hard it is, especially for boys. So I would dive in with the greatest intentions and then give up by noon because I needed to go somewhere and didn't dare take Oliver anywhere without a diaper on. Last week however I finally broke down and left him in underwear for an entire day. We definitely had more failures than successes, but by the third day he was totally accident free!! We still have some issues, but it was definitely not the nightmare scenario I had pictured in my mind.

He has almost filled his potty chart with stickers and we promised him a "garbage truck with hands" (the toy of his choice) when it was done, the problem is I have no idea where to find such a toy. Target and Walmart don't have any, I am thinking that finding the darn garbage truck may be the hardest part of our potty training adventure.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just let your dad handle it! He's promised it :)

Whitney said...

Sweet! Go loin-fruit!