Sunday, August 31, 2008

Oliver's Antics


Our little baby isn't just walking he is taking leaps and bound towards becoming a little person. He has quite the personality. He loves to wave to everyone and makes a bee-line towards any animal he sees. Anytime we are outside he has to collect all of the sticks that he sees and of course any good sized rock must be stuffed into his mouth. I used to run and remove the rocks but I have come now to the conclusion that it is probably better to just leave the first rock there, rather than keep removing them and have him suck the dirt of thirty or forty more.

He also has a bit of a fetish for toothbrushes. We got him one and taught him how to use it and he now insists on carrying one all around the house with him. His other favorite pastime is to "unpack". After watching me unpack everything for a week he started following suit. He now picks up anything and finds a new place for it. Last week I lost my cell phone and found it in a pot in the back of the cupboard. I pull his toys out of all my silverware and tupperware drawers and have yet to find my comb after he "unpacked" it for me. Ollie is getting pretty smart too, he understands a lot of words and will go find his blanket, binky or shoes if you ask him to.

2 comments:

Stephanie Shumway said...

I love reading your blog and seeing all the cute pictures of Oliver :o)

julie and john said...

I love the Costco p.j.s. Hey, nice work on all your projects this summer. Don't you HATE sanding! We did our fair share of sanding/staining/painting but nothing turned out as nice as your pieces! BTW, your apartment looks so cute and new! Much nicer then most apartments!!!