Saturday, February 28, 2009

Chilly Cheeks




Today my friend and I competed in the Chilly Cheeks Dualthon. The race consisted of a 10.8 mile bike ride (with lots of hills) and a 4 mile run. I think that in my honor it should have been renamed the Chubby Cheeks Dualthon, but lets not get into that. It was a bit windy out and it made me wish that I was still able to zip my windbreaker up over my bulging belly, I had to settle for a baggy sweatshirt instead. Finishing the race wasn't too hard at all, especially considering the fact that I did absolutely no training on my bike. The only rough part was the transition from the bike to the run. I felt like I was inching along and it took my legs a good mile before they figured out we were running and not biking anymore. I competed in the fat tire, i.e. mountain bike division, and placed right in the middle. Of course, if there was a pregnant division I am sure I would have swept it!!

10 comments:

kkoyle said...

Not only would you have taken first in the pregnant division, you totally would have been their spokesperson: awesome job.

AshEnds said...

Congrats girlie. I am so very impressed.

Anna said...

Sounds like fun and I am totally impressed that you did it!

Ann said...

Forget crafts! I don't know how you manage to do anything physical like that while pregnant! You are wonder woman!

Danielle Rappleye said...

Way to go! I can barely move while being pregnant, so way to get out there.

Jacqui said...

Holy smokes! That's awesome. Well done!

A Note from Kaleo and Megan said...

Janell,
Of course we would love to see you guys. When is Sam's spring break? Kai is going to Hawaii for a week in March with her grandma (don't ask me why I agreed), but we hope to see you. Let me know.

Dynamic Chiropractic said...

Janell how fun to find not only facebook but that you blog! I am an avid blogger (have slowed down a bit) it is so much fun to see your family! Your little boy is so cute and I love his name. I am super impressed that your did a dualthon while pregnany, the only exercise I am willing to participate in is chasing my other kids and swimming for 20 minutes with a noodle! Check out my blog drhansen20.blogspot.com

Seth and Emry Gubler said...

You are so ambitious! (P.s. I need your e-mail. I switched to private. emrygubler@hotmail.com)

Whitney said...

Update this blog, I don't care that you may or may not have been on vacation! Just doooo it!
Gracias.