Thursday, February 19, 2009

What about the mom?

This week I came down with a terrible cold. Seriously, I think that there ought to be a moratorium on head colds while your pregnant. Who wants to have a stuffy head, sore throat and runny nose when they are already dealing with exhaustion, nausea and crazy cravings? I mean, come on, enough is ENOUGH! I have been pretty miserable, to say the least. On Tuesday when I woke up the only thought that went through my head was, "I want my mom." Mom's take such good care of you when you don't feel good, they just make everything better. This week for the very first time I realized that while the mom takes care of everyone, there is no one to take care of the mom. Sad. It made me think I should have taken better care of my own mom when I was growing up. Sam, of course, did his best, but he has been really busy with school and we hardly see him. Poor Oliver was forced to watch 101 Dalmatians several times a day while I sat on the couch in a Tylenol induced coma. He was a trooper.

Today I actually had my energy restored and it was great. I have been incredibly tired with this second pregnancy. Something I never experienced the first time around and have been somewhat whiny about. Today when my energy was restored, to my low-energy pregnant state that is, I felt ready to take on the world. Maybe I just had to loose everything to appreciate what I've got. Trust me, I'll take the first-trimester tiredness any day over what I have experienced the past few days, and be grateful for it! Sometimes I wish there was an easier way to learn things.

5 comments:

Mason clan 5 said...

Hello- Janell I found your blog and I am a biger blogger than facebook too. I am due one day before you, with my forth! I was reading thru your posts and if you think you show early on your second wait till your fourth. I look like I am 20 weeks and am only 11. It is crazyness. It was nice to see you keep in touch!

Jacqui said...

I totally agree. Being sick as the mom is the worst and being prego compounds the problem. I remember when I got a cold when I was pregnant with Joshy I went to the doctor in tears, begging for some relief, and of course it was a virus he could do nothing about. Thank heavens for tylenol!

Ann said...

I'm so sorry. I was hit hard this week as well. You name it, I had it. At the same time! MISERABLE! E.Jay couldn't study and I was quarantined in my room. I have strep throat and I honestly thought that this was the sickest you could get without dying. And all I wanted was my mom too! I had to call her just to feel better. Poor moms. Hope you get feeling better soon cause it does suck the most when your sick and pregers too.

The Busey Family said...

Oh I hope you are feeling better. How are things? Hey if you ever want to come over just give me a call...Ben is gone all the time too. I am related to Chet and Coquette. How do you know them?

Anna said...

What a bummer to be sick with a cold and pregnant. I am totally more tired this time around too, I can barely keep my eyes open by the time it is 6:00 pm. I'm glad you are feeling better.