Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Surprise!!


My doctor wanted to make sure that the baby survived the half-marathon and scheduled a random ultra-sound for the day that I got back. The baby looked great and is growing nicely I mentioned to the ultra-sound technician that my doctor said I couldn't find out the sex of the baby until I was twenty weeks along. She just smiled and pushed a little harder with the sensor, low and behold we are having . . . . . . . . . . . . . a girl! Sam and I were shocked; we were expecting a boy, had only ever talked about it being another boy, and only had a boy name picked out. Our heads are still spinning just a bit. I guess the moral of this story is that if you want to find out what you are having four weeks ahead of schedule, run a half-marathon.

17 comments:

kkoyle said...

I love saying this, "I told you so!" Congrats

Ann Marie said...

Congratulations Janell, that's awesome! They are A LOT of fun!

Jacqui said...

Wow! that's great! But be prepared for that boy still...my friend had an ultrasound at 16 weeks also, the tech said it was a girl and at the 20 week appointment the bits and pieces had developed and it was a boy!

Did we give up on trying to get together?

julie and john said...

Yeah!! That's exciting! Time to start shopping!!

AshEnds said...

Awesome Janell. I am still mad at you though cuz you didn't tell me you got into the half. How did you do that???

Caytee said...

Congrats! That is great!

Michael & Nikki said...

YAY!!! Congrats!! Ollie will be such a good big brother! You will have a beautiful little girl!!

maugers said...

Congrats! That's cool to find out so fast! I think both boys and girls are fun, so either way it's exciting :)

Stephanie Shumway said...

yay!! Congrats! the only downside is that when you get pregnant with the third, people will wonder why since you already have the "perfect" family with one of each. And, no, I'm not announcing anything. LOL

Veronica and Ryan said...

Yea!! How fun. Now I can buy you some cute girl clothes!

Anna said...

Congrats! That is so exciting to find out early and glad to hear the baby is doing well.

Ann said...

Yay for girls! Congrats

The Busey Family said...

Yeah...I bet you are excited. So much for not having to buy girl clothes huh? That will be so much fun. See you soon.

Mason clan 5 said...

I am so jealous I have to wait 3 more weeks for my ultrasound to find out. Congrats and way to go for running while prego. I am a whimp and try not to do to much!

Alyss Paige said...

Congrats...I am sure that boys are great but there is just something about a little girl. They are just so much fun to dress up and you have to admit that they do have some awesome accessories.
Randy & Amber Bennett

Lindsey said...

how fun!
I like little girls! :D

Matthew and Lindsey said...

Exciting. Matt and I have the argument whether or not we want girls or boys first, so you will have to tell us which one is easier.