Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Helping Hands



Oliver loves to help. If he ever gets his hands on a screwdriver he will spend hours "fixing things". Here he is helping Grandpa with the power washer. He also loves to stir and pour. Yesterday I was making a pasta salad and I let him stir it while I turned around and chopped olives, when I looked back over at him he had poured the entire bottle of Salad Supreme spice into the salad and stirred it in. It was a bit potent. His favorite way to help lately is in bossing the dogs and animals around. If he ever hears anyone say anything to the dogs he will come running from wherever he is shouting the same command. He loves to yell at them to "sit" or "get down" even if they are all the way across the yard.




In case you were wondering, Ruby is also a big help. Here she is holding all of the laundry in the basket for me. What would I do without her?


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha! I love it!

Whitney said...

These are my favorite pictures of Ruby so far!!! She looks so cute!!

Mireille said...

Ruby is just turning into a doll! I can't wait till my little helpers actually start helping, so I can use their free child (slave) labor. Anyway, so I was reading your blog, and I heard Sam walk up the stairs and I closed the browser really fast cause I got embarrassed, like I was spying on his life... I'm weird.

The Domans said...

Ruby is adorable! I was thinking of you the other day. Brycen, my second grader is learning to crochet at school and he wanted me to teach him. I remember you and I crocheting things for 4-H all the time. Do you remember us doing that? I don't think I've crochet anything since then, but it all came back to me like riding a bike!