Friday, November 5, 2010

Ace of Cakes Nothing!





Oliver's little friend had a birthday this week and I volunteered/begged to make the cake. I have been really wanting to try a fondant figurine, I had no idea how to go about it but I figured that if Ace of Cakes can do it so can I. I was pretty happy with my first attempt, I made it to look like the birthday girl. (The party had a detective them, hence the spy glass.)

I had a lot of fun doing it and want to get more practice, so if anyone out there wants a fun cake for any occasion I would be happy to do it for cost - meaning you buy the fondant!

9 comments:

mc said...

OK Girl! You are awesome! You are the ACE! Keep it up. Thanks for posting the pictures.
Love ya.

Mireille said...

WOW!

Megan said...

Oh, how I wish I would have known a month ago when my son turned one and I made the saddest cake ever! Next year, for sure!

Ann said...

Holy moly! That is one awesome cake! Wish you lived closer, Jasmine's birthday is coming up! Your house looks great too!

kkoyle said...

You are sooo talented! I just love the cake, way to go-really it was awesome.

Sarah Elizabeth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah Elizabeth said...

Nell, That cake looks amazing! Way to go! :)

Anna said...

The cake is still being admired at the birthday girl's house! Addie keeps asking if she can eat it and I just say one more day ... it is so cute and we love it! You are so talented, can't believe it was your first figurine, there are so many details that I am still noticing! Thanks again :)

Kendal and Kendra said...

Wow...great job! You are so talented!