Sunday, April 6, 2008

A mover and a shaker

Oliver is now officially mobile. While he has not yet mastered the crawl, he has become very proficient at dragging himself across the ground. Of course, he couldn't be more thrilled with his new skill. I, on the other hand, have discovered that his newfound freedom to move about has severely restricted my own. Gone are the days of setting him down with a bunch of toys and then leaving the room. The second I turn my back he makes a beeline for the house plants and seems to find all kinds of popcorn kernels and pennies along the way. Since there is no going back in time, I am trying to look at the bright side. Here are some of the reasons that I am grateful for Oliver's being able to crawl:

1. Never before have my floors been so clean. Ollie's ability to crawl has inspired me to sweep and vacuum almost constantly.

2. Today he did me a favor by pulling down a bottle of sand that Sam brought back from Haliewa and dumping it all over the kitchen floor. I never really liked having to keep that thing around

3. If nothing else, it makes Ollie happy.


3 comments:

Ann said...

That army crawl is so cute!! I can also wait for Lauren to crawl, and at the same time I wonder why hasn't she learned to? But rolling around gets her where she needs to be. Ollie is so cute! When are you guys moving up north?

Jacqui said...

That's great. Mobility changes the dynamic in a home, that's for sure.

Oh and we will DEFINITELY garage sale together :)

A Note from Kaleo and Megan said...

Way to go Ollie! He will be able to out run Kai in no time! You're video is so cute. I'm glad that Ollie will crawl to get an uk! We'll turn that kid Hawaiian in no time.