Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Where is that fairy when you need her?

I keep logging into our blog hoping to see that someone has updated it. Unfortunately the good blogging fairy has yet to pay us a visit so I am taking things into my own hands and updating it myself. Perhaps a rund0wn of our past few days will help you to understand and forgive our long absence from the blogging world.

1. To begin with Sam is what you might call dentally challenged. He has bad teeth. It is not his fault, it is hereditary. This year alone he has had to have four crowns. The last thing he needed to get done was a root canal. However, the situation in his mouth was such that no dentist around here could do it. We had pretty much given up hope when we got a call last week from our dentist telling us that he had located a guy in Provo who could do it, if we got there the next day. So, we took an unexpected trip North for the weekend. The surgery went fine and we can now end our dental insurance on Friday with peace of mind.

2. While the trip up North was nice it severly cut into my packing time (which I had been procrastinating until the last minute anyway). So, I have been scrambling to put everything into boxes. I have been tempted on several occasions this week just to burn it all and start over from scratch once we get to Colorado.

3. This may not sound like a good excuse for not blogging, but we got a new stroller. It is a jogging stroller and I am in love. Truly, "I LOVE BOB" (that is a bit of an inside joke for anyone who has ever done the Biggest Loser workout video and knows what I mean when I say my stroller is a Bob). We've been spending a lot of time together. I was getting so sick of getting on my treadmill everyday. Now I can get outside and I can run for longer. Unfortunately I think I over did it and gave myself shin splints but thats okay. Bob, Ollie and I went walking instead of running today and it was just as nice.


4. This really has nothing to do with not blogging, but I got my haircut. I got bangs for the summer. Really, is there anything better than bangs and short hair in the summer? Only if it is short , blonde hair. Anyway, I am loving my bangs. This is the only picture that I have, you can't really see my bangs but you get the idea.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Thanks for the advice! We've been training like crazy!!! I run with some awesome girls who have both run the 1/2 marathon before. THey make sure I'm doing it all right! :) I am really really bad at it still!! :) I hope to get better! I hope you find some time to pack! I need to do that too... and I need to find a place to live in august. I quess I should start doing that!! Tell Sam Congrats on graduation!

J Fo said...

Hi! I love you new haircut...I think I'll try and steal it when my hair gets longer! I think I know who cuts your hair :)