Sunday, May 11, 2008

Beware of falling fence posts....


This concludes our first week living in Riverton and Sam's first week on the new job. I am happy to report that everyone has survived. Sam's new job with B&K Construction (a company owned by my aunt and uncle) has him building fences along freeways and highways all summer. Currently he is working outside of Price, Utah. He puts in a four-day work week and then comes home to rest and hang out with Oliver and I on the weekends. As of right now, he is living in a tent with my little brother. He receives extra pay to pay for a hotel when the job is more than 60 miles from home, but has decided to save that money and camp out instead. What he is really doing is using it as an excuse to buy all of the nice camp gear he has always wanted. With all the new stuff I am pretty sure any money saved by camping will be a wash. Oh well.

Apparently the learning curve when building fences can be somewhat steep. Sam came home this week with a bruised and swollen palm from holding the pliers the wrong way. Nonetheless, he seems to really be enjoying himself (I think he would have been happy to shovel manure 12 hours a day as long as it meant getting out of Wells Fargo). Ollie and I are happy for him, the only thing we could wish for is for Sam to find a place to shower before coming home and hugging us after his four-day camping trips.

3 comments:

Jacqui said...

Hehehe, I hear that the Flying J has nice showers :)

Ann said...

Wow. Stinky Sam! What a hard worker! Was Wells Fargo that bad? I bet it's just nice to get out of a cubicle and get outside. Good luck with it!

Anna said...

That is hilarious, I bet he is having so much fun camping! I like your new blog design, maybe I already said that, I can't remember.