Saturday, July 5, 2008

Happy 4th of July

Certain things seem to loose their sparkle as we grow older. Now that I am grown up I have been disappointed to find that I can actually sleep on Christmas Eve, my favorite childhood cartoons were actually really cheesy, and the 4th of July Carnival isn't that incredible after all. I guess one of the reasons we have kids is so we can enjoy all of that stuff again through their eyes. Yesterday we took Oliver to the park for the 4th of July celebrations. We loaded up on tickets and used them all up watching him go on rides (it was much more enjoyable than going ourselves). Although he was a little tentative about it at first he loved it and after a couple of rides he couldn't get enough.



2 comments:

Jacqui said...

I saw you hiding behind the horse, but good try :)

Jacqui said...

And you came to CO? What did you not love about Denver? My sister might be moving to Golden in December and went there looking for housing a few weeks ago and said the same thing: There's nothing!