Saturday, July 5, 2008

Ready or not here we come...

So, it has been a while and we have a lot to catch up on. To begin with, Oliver took his first steps on Monday June 30th. He only seems to enjoy walking when no one is pressuring him to do it, but you can catch him venturing out on his own every once in a while (you just have to be content to watch out of the corner of your eye).

Aside from that exciting event, we also took a trip to Golden, Colorado last week to check out the school and search for an apartment. I have to say that my first look at Denver was certainly not "love at first sight". Fortunately, Golden is tucked behind some big hills so I never even have to look at Denver if I don't want to. We were super impressed with the school and while we were there Sam even decided to switch programs. He has now decided to study mineral and energy economics. This program is much more specific and the graduates get better jobs when they finish. Unfortunately, the apartment hunting was not so successful. We did find a place that we liked but they didn't want to hold it for us and we didn't want to pay July's rent. We have a place reserved in student housing but living there would only be a possibility if we sold all our furniture and lived with folding chairs and sleeping bags (I'm pretty certain that nothing more than that would fit into the apartment). As it is, I still came home and started selling things that we don't think we'll have room for out there. The first to go was our TV and some baby stuff. I imagine I will be selling even more stuff as our situation grows more desperate. The next things on my list are our treadmill and Love Sac.

1 comment:

AshEnds said...

Um while I think it is super sad that you are needing to sell things. I want you to know I would take your treadmill off your hands if you would like to sell it to me.