Sunday, October 19, 2008

Home again...


This past week Sam had Fall Break at school, which gave him a five-day weekend. We decided to take advantage of the time off and drive back to Utah. We had a fun-filled week with family that included a trip to the zoo, the pumpkin patch and Gardner Village. Of course, the best part was just hanging out with all the people we love most. While we were there Oliver picked up quite a few new words (which he seems to be doing on a daily basis now). Among the newest additions to his syntax were Grandpa and Caci (my little brother's fiance). I think that the rest of the family was a little jealous that Caci was first, she claims that it was because her name is so easy but we all know that Ollie has a crush on Caci and has been trying to steal her away from Donald for a while now.

I really can't believe how quickly he has started to pick things up. It is as if all of the sudden his little mind has opened up and he retains and understands things amazingly well. For example, I have been pretty lackidaisical about teaching him sign language but this week I decided to teach him the sign for "more." I used it once on Thursday and on Friday he used it to ask for more orange (without any prompting). By Friday night he gave up on the sign and just said "mo". I had heard that a child's development between 12 to 18 months is astounding, and now I believe it!

No comments: