Wednesday, October 1, 2008

It has been awhile now since we have posted anything new. It is not that there is nothing new to post, I have just been somewhat lackadaisical when it comes to taking any new pictures and I didn't think that anyone (other than my own mother) would enjoy reading my ramblings if not accompanied by some photos. The past couple of weeks have found us somewhat busy. Oliver got his first of what will I'm sure be many black eyes when he came off worst in an encounter with a brick. He also set a new personal record yesterday when I pulled ten rocks out of his mouth at once. Ollie is a big fan of slides, his desire for adrenaline however is not accompanied by any amount of intelligence. When he approaches the slide he either keeps on walking until he falls and slides down or he dives down face first on his tummy. There have been some rather disastrous results when I am not able to reach him in time.

Sam is staying really busy with his classes. He did have some down time last week and put in a few hours at a construction sight, working for a guy in our ward. Ever since we moved here he has been going through B&K Construction withdrawals and was absolutely giddy when he got to put his working boots and Carhartts back on. Sam is currently occupied with interviewing for summer internships. He has one really good offer so far that might send us to Houston for the summer.

I am loving Colorado and all of the new friends that I have made here. Oliver and I keep really busy with classes, play groups and new adventures. We purchased a bike trailer last week and I have loved riding my bike into town and to the park. I also received a new calling as the 14 year old Sunday School teacher, scary!!! I finished unpacking a long time ago, but I am just now getting the house the way that I like it and that makes me happy.


Oliver insists on being my kitchen helper. Because he no longer nurses and won't drink milk I have been trying to find other means of feeding him enough calcium. A friend told me that molasses is a good source and gave me some good recipes. This is Ollie helping me to make some molasses filled muffins, yum.

Ollie and I go to an aerobics class twice a week at our stake center. Rather than play in the corner with all of the rest of the kids Oliver insists on standing in the middle of all the ladies and performing all of the moves as best he can. He is really good at marching, clapping, push-ups and sit-ups. It is so cute!!

A friend gave us this hand-me-down swing and we hung it up in Oliver's bedroom (don't tell the landlord). He thinks he is pretty hot stuff when he gets to swing in it.

7 comments:

AshEnds said...

Ya, You definitely need to post more often. I love seeing pictures of you guys and all the fun activities you are involved in. We sure do miss your company here but we are happy that you are feeling comfortable there in Colorado.

Mary Ellen Ross said...

You are right. Your mother DOES love to read anything you write, Janell. But the pictures are a definite bonus! CUTE! I love your post. MOlasses has calcium? Who knew? Dad and I are so excited about Sam's internship possibility! That is great! Did your landlord get your bike attachment all done? What a sweetheart! Thank him for me, K!
I love you!
Mom

Mary Ellen Ross said...

Janell this post is just an experiment. I want my name to be at the top of my comments. I don't want to be the golden meadows relief society any more. So...I thought maybe if I took my self off the RS Blog administrators list tonight (like I told them I would months ago...) it would help my predicament. So I am crossing my fingers, holding my breath and pushing the "publish" button. Here goes

Mary Ellen Ross said...

RATS! Any suggestions?

A Note from Kaleo and Megan said...

Janell,
Okay, so do the Peays miss the Curtises anywhere close to as much as the Curtises miss the Peays? We do NOTHING fun anymore. Work, School, Work, School, Church, School, Work. That is our life. Glad to see someone is having fun riding bikes and chasing babies off of slides. Kai is the complete opposite right now. She has become a shy little girl. It takes her an hour to warm up to people she knows! Have fun. We miss Ollie!

A Note from Kaleo and Megan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Whitney said...

Wow, mom sure does love to post. Anywho, I resent the fact that you think no one will read a non photo post. I will! I am living in the desolate land of Hawaii and need something to do, i.e. read! Keep 'um comin' and Oliver seriously looks like he is 2 or 3, no way he is still one. Wow!