Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Another Day

So, I don't have much to report. Our lives have not changed significantly since the last time I posted. We just keep busy chasing after Ollie, feeding Ruby, and enjoying one another's company.
Ruby changes everyday. She looks more and more like herself everyday - I know that sounds funny, but it is true. She is loosing the newborn look and getting decidedly cuter.


In between conference sessions on Sunday Sam and Oliver raked up a big pile of leaves to jump in. Ollie thought it was so much fun that he spent most of the day Monday working on those same leaves, when he decided that there were not enough on the ground he got up on his picnic table and started picking more.
I probably won't show this picture to Sam - and I think I'm safe because he rarely reads our blog. He wouldn't like to see Ollie in a pink bow, but Oliver insisted on wearing it this morning when I was putting one on Ruby. We must be experiencing an overload of feminine hormones at our house because it seems they are rubbing off on Ollie. When we asked him what he wanted to be for Halloween he was insistent on being a butterfly. Fortunately, when we took him shopping for a costume Sam intentionally stood in front of the butterfly costume and Oliver decided to be a monkey instead. Then a couple of days ago we were watching football at a friends house and Ollie put on their little girls tutu and began dancing around the living room - he insisted on wearing the purple tutu for the duration of the game. Poor Ollie, he has to spend all day everyday with a bunch of girls - maybe if Sam does decide to read this he will start spending less time at the library and more time at home doing manly things.

6 comments:

maugers said...

That is so funny! I'm glad Oliver is getting in touch with his feminine side ;) Maybe Sam should read your blog more often...he'd surely find out some stuff :) Glad all is well, Ruby is as cute as ever!

Anonymous said...

D and I laughed at that for quite awhile!!!

Mireille said...

Oliver is so funny. And I'm sure it's just the beginning. What could be more fun than watching football in an purple tutu?

Jon and Diana said...

Teach Ollie to say "That is just darling." to something girly and I bet that will get Sam's attention. Sometimes I feel singled out living with THREE boys. Yikes. I'm glad you are even now.

Whitney said...

Haha, I wish Ollie had been a butterfly! I can just see Sam guarding the costume with every manly fiber of his being. Miss you guys!

kkoyle said...

oh, we miss you!!