Thursday, October 25, 2007

Fall Fashion

Autumn in a small rural town is different from autumn anywhere else. For one thing, the leaves are not the only things turning orange. This place mobilizes for war during the deer hunt and hunter orange becomes vogue for a few days. That is not necessarily good news for those of us who don’t do orange, but then I don’t have a four-wheeler or a rifle so I was never really destined to fit in here anyway. On the bright side there are a lot of great things about fall. Here are a few reasons why it is one of my favorite seasons:

  1. I get to bake and eat lots of Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

  2. I get to watch College Football with my hubby

  3. We get to carve pumpkins

  4. I get to dig my jackets out of the back of my closet

  5. I get to check out all the new school supplies at the store

2 comments:

Jacqui said...

Do you remember that fabulous squash pie we made in Maturin? That screams fall to me.

Peay Family said...

It is so funny that you would mention that. I was making a pumpkin pie this week and remembering our squash pie too.