Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Macho, Macho Man











On Friday night we were on our way for a fun night out with some friends when a strange sound alerted us to the fact that we had a flat tire. Sam, who is adept at a good many things - auto mechanics not included, decided to try and take care of it himself. I tried to talk him out of it, but he was quite determined to demonstrate his manly abilities. I have learned that no amount of reasoning will sway him when his mind is made up and that it is safer to just keep my mouth shut. The last time I questioned his mechanical abilities he went out to the parking lot and disassembled his entire scooter, just to prove to me that he could. Somewhere in the apartment there is a baggie of nuts and bolts that didn't quite make it back into their proper places when it came time to put the scooter back together again. So, to prevent him from removing all four tires instead of just the one, I shut my mouth and he began searching for the tire jack. Sam spent the evening changing the tire while Oliver and I watched in worried suspense from the porch. Sam can be quite entertaining while fixing cars and we were about to pop some popcorn just as the job was finished and Sam came of conquerer. Yahoo Sammy!!

No comments: