Friday, October 19, 2007

A Cry for Help



We are really enjoying our sojourn in blogosphere. It has been wonderful to read everyone’s comments and realize that while so many of our friends live far away they still haven’t forgotten who we are. Besides keeping in touch with people, this blog really is a great way to fill the hours while Sam is at work and Ollie is napping. Of course, Oliver and I are always looking for new and exciting things to do and are open to any suggestions that you might have. Today’s activity included laying on the bed and taking pictures of ourselves. Yeah, I think we might be hitting an all time low. However, we decided to share our pictures with you anyway.

Motherhood really is a whole new world. For one thing, I have discovered that nursing a baby requires that you spend an awful lot of time sitting in the same chair. Because our bunny ears only pick up one or two really fuzzy channels on their best day, I am left either staring at the wall or reading a book. Of course, I prefer the book. The trouble is that I have run out of good ones. So this is my plea to anyone who reads this, PLEASE let me know of any good books you have read lately. I am open to anything, if I don't find another good book soon I may have to resort to reading the Anne of Green Gables series again, it would be my forth time this year, now you really don't want to subject me to that do you?

4 comments:

Jacqui said...

Ahhh, for the days I used to sit around and nurse all day...

So you need things to do? We just went to the pumpkin patch and took photos (soon to be posted on the blog...) I love going to the grocery store (or Target) and 'redecorating' (in my mind)

Good books--my sister Brenny keeps a running list of books she's reading/has read on the side of her blog. Her link's on my blog--do you still have the address? I haven't read anything since Harry Potter #7 came out. I don't have the energy. If both boys are asleep, I SHOULD be sleeping too, but usually I'm blogging.

Was that helpful?

David and Celestia's Eternal Family said...

Try Historical Romance and Fiction.
My Husband and I are currently reading "The Winds of War" by Herman Wouk--events are facts only the characters are fiction. Perfect for our Navy family. There are several other authors my sis knows about.
Also LDS romance authors: Rachel Ann Nunes and Anita Stansfield.
There is also another similar new author.
Those are the books I'd read if I had the time. And learn Medical Spanish a valuable skill for when your babes are so baby any more. At least that's a valuable skill I'd like to take the time to learn about. For when I can say goodbye to my full time job and a lil after hello to our turn to start a family!

David and Celestia's Eternal Family said...

Correction when you're babes are not so baby.

Also, their are several crafts ie painting, even paint by number, latch hooking, scrapbooking/genealogy heritage scrapbooking. Oh to have that kind of time to play with:)
UR blessed live it up!!!

Stephanie Shumway said...

Hey Nell- You should enjoy this quiet time now while Oliver is young... in a year you will wonder where your quiet time went and realize that you wont have it again until he's in kindergarten... or really, until your LAST one is in kindergarten! As far as things to do.... well, you could learn to crochet or knit, paint, put together your chirstmas cards and add a picture closer to the send out date. Put together a newsletter for your family... and blogging is fun, right? You could even put together crafts to sell at a boutique. You could also follow in Uncle David's footsteps and write some short stories or even a book. Heck, why not? Here is my good book recommendation: I really enjoyed a differently formatted autobiography entitled "A Girl Named Zippy: Growing up Small in Mooreland Indiana" by Haven Kimmel. Very good. However, I wouldn't recommend the follow-up biography she writes about her mother's life-"She Got Up Off The Couch"
Hope that was helpful!