Sunday, November 2, 2008

15 weeks and counting...

No, I am not 15 weeks pregnant. It is even better new than that. Only 15 more weeks until Oliver gets to go to nursery! Yahoo!! Today while Sam was taking his turn attending Elders Quorum and Oliver and I were out collecting rocks on the side of the church I decided to tally up just how much longer my Sundays would be spent in such a manner. Sam and I still view time in mission-type chunks, so it was good news to discover that we only had a little over two transfers left of getting absolutely nothing out of Sunday School, Relief Society and Elders Quorum.

To be fair to Oliver I have to say that he never cries or gets ornery in church, he is just so busy that he becomes an absolute distraction to us and everyone else in the room. For example, a typical Relief Society meeting will include: banging on the piano, pulling the music conductors stand over on top of his head, pulling items from several sisters' purses, climbing up on every empty chair in the room, playing peek-a-boo behind the chalk board, taking a turn at teaching the class by standing next to the teacher and talking louder than she does, sampling all the other babies' snacks, dancing in the isle and running circles around the display table. I seriously am not exaggerating when I say that all of this takes place in the first 15 minutes of class, by which time everyone is paying more attention to Ollie than the teacher and I pick him up and head for the door. If you are reading this and wondering why I don't just make him sit still on my lap, all I can say is please come back and read this again when you have an energetic 14 month old, then you will understand!

6 comments:

Huntsmans said...

We did the exact same thing. It is so hard to have that big of a toddler in RS or Priesthood. Good luck on the next 15 weeks, hope it goes fast!

Jacqui said...

Wow. You just described my Sunday. Glad to see there's another out there with as much energy as my Joshy. They really need to get together.

Ann said...

I understand! I counted down the days too until Lauren could go (only 4 more weeks) BUT, then I will have a new baby at the same time! Don't know if I get much of a break but hey, it's better than nothing!

julie and john said...

i know, i really think they should lower the age for nursery. it's SO nice having them go. If only they had a nursery during sacrament....

Seth and Emry Gubler said...

I bet he will love it! We miss you guys!

Holman Family said...

I don't know who your little man looks like, but he is sure cute. I am glad that you found me. My life is crazy and we are in our 3rd year here at the U of U. You should come by and visit sometime. Yeah? We'd love the company since Nate is never here. He is on his surgery rotation right now.