Monday, November 10, 2008

'Tis the Season


I know that for some hunters, there is no end to hunting season as there is always something that needs to be shot. For Sam however, there is only one hunt that really matters. The pheasant hunt in South Dakota. I'm pretty sure it is more about the time with his dad than the actual hunting. He confessed to me this morning that on his first day he fired over 40 shots and only took down one bird, which means it is probably a good thing that he goes just for the company.

Paul picked Sam up in Cheyenne on Thursday night and they drove through a pretty bad storm to spend the weekend hunting. We're glad that they had such a good time and even happier that he is back home.

3 comments:

Sam said...

Nell,

You were never to repeat what I said! It was more like four shots per bird, I just said 40 to make a point that I wasnt exactly on that day!

Matthew and Lindsey said...

I am not sure that this looks fun, but I am glad to see that everyone is doing there fair share to control the animal population in the midwest. Tell Sam congrats from the Torres'

Danielle Rappleye said...

Janell,
I am so excited to finally be able to connect with you and see what is going on in your life. What a handsome little boy you have! I am not so good at facebook either, so I sent you an invite to my family blog. I am staying busy with 3 kids and doing a little photography on the side. It's good to see that you are doing well! Take care!
Danielle