Saturday, May 16, 2009

The end of our Golden Era....

No, the best days of our lives have not come to an end, in fact we are in hopes that they are just beginning. When I say that our Golden Era has ended I simply mean that we are no longer residents of Golden, Colorado. We have been comfortably installed in our new home for exactly one week now. And other than missing our friends, we are really loving it here. I intended to document our entire move, but it got a little busy so here are the pictures I remembered to take:

Oliver insisted on helping Dad with everything, here they are removing the banister in preparation for taking the furniture down the stairs. Oliver had a rough time with the move from the time his toys got packed until they were once again unpacked in his new room. I guess nothing is very tolerable unless you have your Thomas the Train and Lightning McQueen by your side. He is doing great now though and can't get enough of his new backyard.
The deal was, I pack it and Sam moves it. He was true to his word, I don't think I lifted a single box.
When Ollie saw Sam loading boxes into the trailer he decided he needed to get in on the fun as well. He immediately began collecting rocks and sticks and arranging them neatly in order next to the stacks of boxes.
Our last look at the barn. Our good friends, the Koyles, were kind enough not only to move us down, but to let us use their truck and trailer as well. Thank heaven for wonderful friends!
Sam and Ollie taking a little break from all the packing and the chaos (the desk is gone, but the computer was the last thing to go).

After one week of exploring our new town we have come to the conclusion that it is just right. It has everything we could ever need but doesn't feel too huge (like Denver). We are in an older residential neighborhood with wide, tree-lined streets and lots of gorgeous Victorian style homes. The strangest part has been getting used to having a house. It makes us feel so old and grown up to work out in the yard or stack things in the garage. Case in point: rather than an eat-in kitchen our house has a rather fancy dining room, I think it took us at least four days to actually eat a meal in there. We would sit on the couch with our plates and just look at the dining table instead. I guess after living in a barn we didn't quite feel we belonged in a dining room. No worries though, we are now enjoying all our meals around the table.

6 comments:

rhodesfamily said...

That's great you're in your new place!! That's so much work. Oliver is just so dang cute!! Hope you're feeling good-we need some prego pics :)

AshEnds said...

Now I am anxious to see what your new place looks like with all of your stuff in it. We miss you guys.

Dynamic Chiropractic said...

Oh, I am so happy for you, back yards are the best! (So I have heard) Seeing your stack of boxes made me realize that I really am just putting off the inevitable here.

The Busey Family said...

It is good to have an update. You sound like you are doing great. I love the fun pictures. I hope you put some pics up of the new house and dining room. That will be fun! Hope things are well. We will have to come and visit you!

Veronica and Ryan said...

I am glad everything and everyone made it okay. Have you seen Madagascar 2? Just wanted to know because Oliver looks exactly like the little baby lion in the movie. I think it everytime I see a picture of him.

Mireille said...

I'm glad you really like it down there. Do you think the landlords will let you paint naked babies on the dining room ceiling? No dining room ceiling should be without them! We miss you guys!