Friday, May 29, 2009

A boy and his dog

Sam had a two week break between finishing school and starting work so we decided to spend part of that time in Utah visiting family. We don't really plan on making the drive again before the baby comes so it was good to get out and see everyone. We had a great time with lots of fun adventures, but this was the only day I remembered to take my camera.

In the morning we decided to take Oliver to Tibblefork Reservoir to throw rocks into the lake. As we were leaving the house Ollie noticed that Grandpa had a hat on and so he insisted on wearing one as well. Unfortunately the only hat his size was his winter hat that we accidentally left there over Christmas.

Of course Oliver loved throwing rocks. Is there a toddler boy out there who doesn't? Just check out that wind up!
Zip (Grandpa's dog) thought Oliver was throwing things for him to fetch and he jumped in after every rock. Oliver thought this was hilarious.

They just couldn't get enough.
Of course, anyone who knows Oliver could have predicted how this adventure would end - with a tumble into the lake.
Wet dogs and wet boys belong together in the back of the truck. (We did bring Oliver into the cab for the ride home. He is pretty accustomed to riding home wet after being stripped down to his diaper.)

3 comments:

Veronica and Ryan said...

Aww! Poor Ollie! Cute pictures, I am glad you had a good time.

AshEnds said...

Cute little story. I love little diaper boys. How come our kids just keep getting cuter? I honestly didn't know if I was going to like the toddler years with a little boy, but I REALLY do. I'm sure you're the same way in that you LOVE every stage Ollie gets to. That's how I am feeling about Kevin.

The Busey Family said...

That is so fun for Oliver. I am glad that you got to go to Utah! I am going in July for a 10 days. I am so excited. Hope you are feeling well and doing great in your new home! Miss ya lots!