Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Three days more....


This afternoon Oliver and I reached our limits with packing and cleaning and decided to escape our box-strewn apartment and enjoy an afternoon at the zoo. It was a beautiful day and we had a good time just wandering around at our own pace. Oliver is getting pretty good at doing animal sounds and made the sound (his version anyway) of most of the animals that we saw. Here he is making a fishy face.


If you are wondering about the state of our packing, this picture of Oliver eating Little Ceasars Pizza off of a paper towel should give you some idea. I intentionally packed my pots and pans this morning so I would have a good excuse not to cook for a few days. And yes, Oliver did finish all three pieces of pizza and went back for fourths a little later on. He loves pizza and always insists on eating upside down so that all of the cheese and toppings can fall off into his lap :)

7 comments:

Dynamic Chiropractic said...

I love that you packed up the kitchen. I am wondering if it's okay for me to do that now? 42 days of no cooking... I think that only happens when you hire a cook! Good luck with the packing!

Mireille said...

Good plan to get out of cooking. I wish my boys weren't sick. We really wanted to play one last time. We'll just have to visit you down in CO Springs.

Jacqui said...

I love the cannery boxes in the background. Are they full of food storage, or did someone just pass along the boxes?

The Busey Family said...

You are so cute. I love these pictures. Good luck with the move. We will be thinking of you. Thanks for the fun night tonight too!

A Note from Kaleo and Megan said...

Janell,
I feel like I haven't talked to you in ages. So much fun new stuff is happening to the Peays! We miss you guys tons and offer our congratulations on the baby girl (balance the score for you!), Sam's graduation (yahoo!), the house and Ollie's recent accomplishments. We still have to spend some time in nursery to keep Kai there the whole time. If ever you are down our way, or in SLC and want to see friends, just give us a call. Love you guys!

Anna said...

I would so pack up the kitchen too, I love how Oliver eats his pizza.

Seth and Emry Gubler said...

He is so big! Sounds like something a little boy would do with pizza.