Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Fourth of July

We got to have house guests for the Fourth of July and it was sooooo much fun. My whole family drove out to spend the weekend with us. Their whirlwind stay included rock climbing at the Garden of the Gods, swimming, a trip to the top of Pikes Peak, some good barbecue and a whole lot of fun.


Oliver pointing to his daddy on the side of the rock.


Sam, making his ascent.

Oliver decided to do some rock climbing of his own.

He had no trouble keeping himself entertained at the base of the cliff.

How impressed are you that I summited a "fourteener" (a 14,000+ foot mountain) at seven months pregnant?


Does it count if I rode a train to the top?

We had planned to go and see the fireworks at the Airforce Academy, but there was a huge downpour and we figured they were most likely canceled so we came home and lit off a few of our own, courtesy of grandpa and the Wyoming Indian Reservations. Oliver wasn't a huge fan of the bottle rockets but he couldn't get enough of what he now calls "hot-pops." (The little white firecrackers you throw at the ground.) All-in-all it was an awesome 4th.

5 comments:

Jacqui said...

I was trying to figure out if that was you on the side of the picture of Sam on the rock. AFter you said you climbed a 14er, I think you should claim that it IS you in that photo.

I love garden of the gods. It's so pretty!

Peay Family said...

What are you talking about? It is totally me. I know I get fat when I'm pregnant, but am I that unrecognizable?

Anonymous said...

So fun and you really shouldn't have said you took a train up the mountian, no one would've ever known! I need to e-mail some videos of Ollie soon!
ps-you look awesome belaying sam!

Nathan said...

Nice pictures! Way to climb Sam!

Whitney said...

I wanted to be there! Wah! :(