Thursday, July 16, 2009

Parade



Colorado Springs didn't have a parade for the Fourth of July, but they had one a few days later to kick off their rodeo days. I have to admit I was a bit disappointed because no one was throwing frootsies (the fruit flavored tootsie rolls). That is the only reason I go to parades, those candies are my favorite and it is the only time of year I ever see them. Other than the lack of candy I would have to say the parade was pretty fun. It was mostly all horses and so Oliver thought it was absolutely spectacular.

2 comments:

maugers said...

I love that you ran over the sprinkler head and flooded the kitchen and Sam just laughed!! Good man. Glad you got a little parade, sorry about the candy, I love those things too. I used to work at an eyeglass store, and the frame companies would put one of those in each of their boxes... I always got them because I was the youngest employee... good times

Anna said...

How fun to go to a parade, what a bust on the candy though. I can't believe how big Oliver is getting, I love your stories about the sprinkler and water in your kitchen, too funny.