Monday, March 1, 2010

My Latest





Everybody needs an outlet. Something that will allow them to release their creative energies or vent their frustrations. I often forget to let myself let it all out, but when I do I sure do enjoy it. For me, the best kind of therapy comes in creating. I like trying new recipes, sewing, crocheting, knitting, you name it - I'll try it, I'm not always successful but that is not always the most important thing. Lately it has been baby hairbows. This week I branched out and tried my first fondant cake. I have been wanting to learn how to do it for quite a while now and a couple of days ago I had the chance to go down and watch a pro in action. My mother-in-law invited me down to watch her make a wedding cake. When I got home I volunteered to make a birthday cake for my Grandma's 84th birthday. I decided to play with a new thing (new to me anyway) called gum paste. I LOVED it. I spent all day doing it, much to my husbands chagrin, and I dyed my hands neon pink with food dye but it was all worth it. I was pretty proud of my first ever fondant creation.

5 comments:

Ann said...

Wow!! Maybe you need to go into the cake decorating business!! That is way too awesome to be your very first cake!! AMAZING!!

maugers said...

That is just beautiful!!!! You are a cake master! Really, really good. Your kids are gonna have awesome birthdays :)

Megan said...

It looks awesome! Good work - I envy your talent!

kkoyle said...

Seriously, that's amazing...I am embarrassed you saw Reese's b-day cake last year! Really, it's beautiful...way to go! Kyle

Mireille said...

That looks great Good Job! I should have you come and make Evan's cake. His bday is May 26th, and you're invited! We still have the Peay's place downstairs...