Sunday, March 7, 2010

Some matches are made in heaven . . . some are not


When it comes to food certain things were meant to go together. Chocolate and peanut butter, sausages and sauerkraut, cream cheese and just about anything; to name a few. Then there are those food faux pas - of which my son and husband are sometimes guilty. The worst, in my opinion, is their affinity for syrup-smothered pancakes washed down with orange juice. Yuck! That is just as bad as brushing your teeth and then drinking orange juice, I can hardly stand to sit at the same table with them when they do that. Oliver has taken his disgusting food combinations one step further recently. This week he asked for red punch and a pickle to eat with his bagel. He must enjoy the salt/sweet combination because he insisted on eating a pickle with his chocolate donut as well. Whose kid is this?

2 comments:

Megan said...

Like father like son is all I have to say from what I learned of Ollie and Sam. So fun, congrats on staying in Utah, where'd same land a job?

A Note from Kaleo and Megan said...

Ollie is hilarious! You are going to live in Utah? I am so excited. I would love to see you guys again. It has been too long! The only word of wisdom I can pass along is that short-sales are great ways to get into a home cheaper (if they have that many in Utah), but beware of the process. Ours has taken 6 months so far. We did hear though that the bank is finally moving forward with it, so maybe we will only have a month or two more to wait. Call me if you're ever in Vegas. I need your new address too.