Sunday, December 5, 2010

Snow Day


We went out to play in the snow last week after the "big storm" that never really materialized. It was Ruby's first time in the snow and she thought it was great. Oliver spent a good hour making sure that there was no snow within a block of our house that was free of footprints. Ruby enjoyed just sticking her mittens in the snow and then wiping them off on my legs. As for me, I was on clothing patrol. Which I have decided is pretty much all snow play is for parents; refastening coats, tucking in snow pants and adjusting mittens.

As for the predicted Blizzard of 2010 - I want you to know that although it was nowhere near as fierce as predicted, our family would have been well cared for. When Sam was sent home early from work because of the approaching storm he made sure to stop off at the store to stock up on Oreos and other forms of chocolate. I keep teasing him because my sister told me that when her husband (who was also sent home early) arrived at home prior to the storm he checked their seventy-two hour kits, filled water bottles and purchased a space heater :) It would have all worked out in the end though, Sam's theory is that we should only stock chocolate in our food storage as that would give is the strongest kind of bargaining power in the event of a natural disaster. I might go with is theory if I though a storage room of chocolate would last more that a week with him around!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that Rub's glove is twisted!