Sunday, December 5, 2010

Turkey Day



At the conclusion of my mission I promised myself that as a reward for "surviving" I would never purchase any poultry that was not boneless and skinless (I won't got into the details as to why, but rest assured that I felt properly justified in this decision). Anyway, a Thanksgiving turkey most certainly does not meet these guidelines so I hope that I will always have a grandma, mother, or aunt to deal with the gizzards for me. The only kind of turkey I ever plan to make is the one pictured above. It is a cake, as requested by my grandma for Thanksgiving. After reading my earlier blog about wanting more practice she commissioned a "Thanksgiving cake." I felt that an apple pie would have been more festive (and much easier) but in the end I was glad I made the cake. It is all edible, the legs and wings are made of rice crispy treats.

3 comments:

maugers said...

I was just going to comment on how that turkey looks so good that it must be fake... but I would have NEVER guessed that it was a cake! Wonderful job! Beautiful :) And, Dave's little brother just told us a little while ago that he met your family :) I love that you moved into another mauger ward :)

katina said...

I'm totally impressed!! I thought it was a real turkey!!

Anna said...

I totally thought it was a real turkey too! That is one sweet cake, nice job! You really have crazy cake-making skills :)