Sunday, December 5, 2010

The switch-a-roo that didn't take


I decided the other day that Oliver's blanket could not stand much more "love" from my little three-year-old. I had a back-up blanket that resembled his blanket in every way (minus the grime and holes) so I suggested that we get him a new one. He was really excited about how soft blue the new one was. He handled the switch really well, that is until naptime when after five minutes he came out crying and begging for his old blue blanket. I couldn't just take it away so now I am nervously watching the "old blue blanket" disintegrate before my eyes and wondering what I will do when it finally succumbs to the inevitable.

1 comment:

Dynamic Chiropractic said...

Give him both to carry around and love on. As the new one gets a little more grimy, and feels and smells a little more used he may be more willing to endure a switch. In the mean time he gets the best of both worlds, two blankeys!