Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Whit, this one’s for you

For my lonely sister sitting on her blow-up mattress, in her barren apartment in Hawaii (barren because she is selling everything off before she graduates and moves home next month). I’m sure with finals looming up ahead you could find a much better use for your time than reading our blog. However, since procrastination seems to be a sisterly trait that we share I thought I would give you something else to do so that you could put off all of your homework for at least a little while longer. Because you will be meeting Ollie for the first time in a couple of weeks, this is your chance to get to know him a bit first.


Oliver loves to suck on anything that he can get into his mouth, binkies, fingers, fists, dad's pinky, you name it and he will happily drool all over it. He doesn't reach out for things yet, but if you hand him a toy he will gladly take hold of it and stuff it into his mouth.


Oliver also likes his swing. It is where he goes to hang out while mom is cooking dinner. When he doesn't have to entertain himself he loves to be read to and if you tickle him just right he has the most adorable giggle.


One thing that Oliver does not like is to be put on his tummy. Of course, that is no longer a problem because he started rolling over this week. In fact, he has become so proficient that yesterday he flipped from his back to his tummy, I'm pretty sure it was an accident because he was rather surprised to find himself there. Oops.

5 comments:

Whitney said...

Thanks Nelly! Keep them coming! And yes the procrastination is almost killing me. I don't want to do my work, because I am not being paid for it, however, I am paying for it.

Seth and Emry Gubler said...

He is so cute! We are so excited to see him this Christmas! He is so big. It seems like just yesterday that he was born! We miss you guys!

Ann said...

I love the picture of him in the swing, looks like a disco. He really is so cute, I know i say that every time but honestly, he is the best looking boy I've seen! You guys make cute babies! Miss ya!

Ann said...

Hey! I'm so scared about dying my hair but we may end up doing it tonight or tomorrow night! Say a prayer for me! I'm not going near as dark as last time so maybe it won't be so hard to go lighter when I want.
We wish we could come home for Christmas but we can't. We are however coming home in the summer for six weeks. I bet Sam is just putting out his applications right? Do you think you will still be there in the summer or will you move to your new place early? Is Sam still going to apply to Michigan? I think he should! Let us know how that goes, and by the way, good luck in the next four months when those acceptances/rejections start coming! Worst thing ever! But I doubt Sam will get rejected anywhere so thats good! :)

Julie said...

Adorable babe & blog! Way to go! You're so talented! I could totally relate to the story of everything going into the mouth. It's been that way for me since Thanksgiving. Well, all my life. So glad you blog! Merry Christmas!