Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Kissy, kissy

This might be one of those "you had to be there" moments. But I thought it was pretty funny. Oliver has learned to give kisses and will happily apply his wide-open mouth to your cheek and suck heartily if you ask him to give you one. This weekend we were in Salt Lake and staying at my parents house. My little sister, Whitney, who is a professed baby-hater but is absolutely gaa-gaa over Ollie, was holding Oliver while I fed him. Half way through his sweet potatoes my brother instructed Oliver to give Whitney a kiss. He promptly turned his messy face towards her but was denied the privilege of giving kissing because he was covered with sweet potatoes. When he realized she was not going to let him kiss her he got mad and started to cry until she relented. He happily smeared her cheek with a liberal amount of drool and baby food then turned back around and finished up his dinner. What a cutie!!

3 comments:

Ann said...

Awww so cute! You should have gotten a picture of it!

Mary Ellen Ross said...

Hi Janell and Sam and Oliver. I have just read your entire blog, back to the beginning. What an awesome ride, through the Peay Family history! I loved every word and photo of it. You mentioned having it made into a book at the end of the year...can I purchase a volume of it? I would love a copy to peruse! Thanks for your thoughts about Vickie and Seth, Janell. It touched my heart strings, and tears are still running down my cheeks. You are a sweetheart.

Be sure to give Oliver a hug and a kiss for me, and feel free to cover your face in squash first!
Love ya forever,
Mom

Jacqui said...

That is so cute. I'm sure the picture (in your mind) was priceless!