Monday, March 31, 2008

Trading Sports

You've heard of the show, "Trading Spaces", well at our house we have given it a bit of a twist and are trading sports instead. Since my little brother, Donald, has come to live with us Sam has convinced him to take up cycling. Donald, who came to us with nothing but a backpack full of clothes and climbing gear now also owns a mountain bike and a road bike. (I won't get into how having six bikes inside of my little apartment has started to cramp my style.) The two of them have lots of fun riding together and spend the rest of their time planning new rides.

On the flip side, Sam is now set to become the next Chris Sharma. (You would probably have to be living with a rock climbing fanatic to know that he is the current rock climbing guru of the world.) Sam now owns a harness, climbing shoes, some special clips, the name of which I do not remember, and spends his spare time trying to figure out how to tie certain knots.

Oliver and I just sit back and watch. The one thing that I am grateful for is that Sam adopting rock climbing was a lot cheaper than Donald adopting cycling.

3 comments:

Jacqui said...

Kraig would love to live at your house. He loves both of those sports.

Anna said...

That is funny to think of all those bikes in your apartment. I can only imagine how you love it :)

Ashley said...

That is hilarious! I have been to your place... and I'm trying to think how you fit all the bikes in there!! You must work some kind of magic!! :) hope all is well!