Wednesday, September 9, 2009

D - Day

I want you all to know that I stayed pregnant on purpose just to see what my pregnancy countdown ticker does after week 40. I am not holding my breath for anything spectacular, but I will be checking tomorrow just to see if it says "40 weeks and 1 day" or if it goes for something a little more dramatic like "holy cow why doesn't that baby just come out already!" I am sure you are all as anxious as I am about it.

On another note, I did call my husband today to inform him that any woman who is decidedly still pregnant on her due date deserves a happy-due-date present. After which, Oliver and I took a trip to the mall to check out the Clinique counter during their free bonus time. There is nothing like a good excuse for pampering yourself, thanks again Ruby. Other benefits of still being pregnant would have to be the awesome pedicure I got yesterday from a friend in our ward and of course there is the fact that I still get to sleep through the night. However, that will all end soon as my doctor has scheduled me for an induction on Friday - so I promise that the next time you check this blog you will finally find what you have been looking for - baby pictures!!

In the meantime, here is a picture of my baby shower. A couple of weeks ago Ollie and I drove back to Golden to spend time with some friends and ended up at a surprise baby shower. It was so great to chat with everyone and there was so much cute pink stuff! Thanks again guys.

4 comments:

Brittney said...

Sheesh, I know how that feels! Kaylee was a week overdue and I hated it! But it's true, you still get to sleep through the night. Can't wait to see the new baby!

Jacqui said...

You look darling--way too good for 9 months + one day pregnant. But well done and getting yourself a pedi and a treat at clinique. I'm logging those good ideas away.

I can't wait to meet little Ruby!

The Busey Family said...

We left for Missouri and so we couldn't be there. I am so sorry. I wanted to be there! Hope you had a great time. You look really good!

Mason clan 5 said...

good luck today! you are a better women than I.