Monday, September 21, 2009

Baby Update

I have been rather remiss in my photo-taking responsibilities with Ruby. There just seems to be a lot more to concentrate on with two kids and the camera never seems to be around at the right time. However, here are some shots of our newest addition. She is now one and half weeks old and is such an angel. Although it is still early, we are guessing that she will look quite a bit like her brother. Their hair is the exact same color and although I have only detected one cowlick on Ruby, she seems to have the same natural-forming mohawk as Ollie as well. The only difference is that Ruby's hair flips out all over her head.

We have also been blessed once again with a good sleeper and eater. We never had to go through that horrible night/day mix up and she regularly sleeps 4-5 hours between nighttime feedings and goes right back to sleep when she is done. Yahoo!! Also, rather than lose weight, she put on a whole ounce before her first doctors appointment. She does have a set of lungs, but at this point she only exercises them when she is hungry or getting changed (she is just really modest and hates to have her clothes off).

We love our little Ruby and are so glad that she is a part of our family!





10 comments:

Michael & Nikki said...

She is so beautiful, Congrats!! I bet Ollie is lovin' it!!

Mireille said...

I'm glad that Ollie is getting used to the idea of Ruby being around. He is so incredibly handsome! And Ruby is just so little and sweet. Seeing her makes me want to have another little baby. I can't wait to meet her!!

Ashley said...

She is absolutely beautiful! I'm so glad you posted pics of her! You guys have adorable kids!!!

maugers said...

What big eyes! She's gorgeous, really. And I love those little hands and noses (they always get me) I'm glad Ollie is taking this well, it's a big adjustment! Good luck getting back into the swing :)

Veronica and Ryan said...

I love love love her hair! She is so bright eyed and ready to meet the world!

AshEnds said...

Oh my gosh I am so glad you posted some pictures of her. She is so cute, I love her hair. Keep us updated, we love it.

Anonymous said...

so fun guys! She is totally cute! Wish we could come visit soon!

Anna said...

She is so cute! And I am so jealous of your good sleeper, I am still waiting for those days to happen.

The Busey Family said...

She is so cute. I bet you are having fun with a new baby. I just love new babies. They are so precious.

Emily V. said...

Janell, Congrats! Up until today I had the wrong blog address, I couldn't figure it out-- I am so happy to hear how you and your family are doing! I can't believe you have moved to a house, had a second baby! Ruby is a doll, such a pretty baby. Parker and I are way happy for you guys!