Thursday, September 3, 2009

Just passing the time

My life right now seems to be all about waiting. I am totally anxious to not be pregnant anymore and am wondering when would be a proper time to stop counting days and begin counting down the hours I have left. Can I make a paper chain with a link for each hour? Just think how wonderful it would feel to wake up each morning and remove eight whole chain-links!

Sam and Oliver, on the other hand, are staying busy and focused on other things. Sam's own summer countdown ended tonight when college football kicked off for the fall. He also started back to school last week and is loving his new class schedule. This will be his last semester of graduate school and besides studying hard he spends a lot of time researching companies and possible job opportunities.




We picked an over abundance of gargantuan zucchinis from our garden the other day and seeing as I was feeling too lazy to peel them, grate them, and hide them as conspicuously as possible in an array of breads, muffins and brownies, Oliver and I opted for zucchini boats. Our little wading pool wasn't quite as exciting as floating them through my parents ditch and pond like I did growing up but Ollie didn't seem to mind too much. He especially enjoyed filling the boat up with Little People and then capsizing it with the water from the hose.


We also couldn't let summer pass us by without giving Ollie a lesson in proper somersault technique. Of course, I am not in my best somersaulting form at the moment so dad had to step in and help out. They both did pretty good!

4 comments:

Jacqui said...

Ooo! I was just sure this was the post announcing your baby! Oh well, just a few more days...

I thought Sam had a job down there in Colo. Spgs after graduation--why are you looking around?

Peay Family said...

He does have a job, but he kind of wants to get back to Utah so we are looking for something there.

Mason clan 5 said...

I was also hoping that you had had your baby. I am sorry. I hope she comes soon for your sake. I am glad she switched!!

Megan said...

Yum, I'll eat zucchini boats, unless you meant you made them to float in your pool, I leave the tasty to the bugs in that case. So glad there's another avid BYU Screaming fan out there. Thanks for a fun night. We'll be hanging out a lot these three months. The kids can play and we'll enjoy the kid entertaining kids. Oh, I forgot tomatoes, I'll get some this week.