Thursday, September 23, 2010

Absolute Nightmare

Although I think that I have cute kids, who take good photos I would absolutely not describe us as a photogenic family. Why? Because being photogenic implies that you are good at, or enjoy, or for the very least sit still while your picture is being taken. Not so in our case. It took us two different photo shoots and some impressive photoshop skills to have everyone smile at the same time.

The day of our pictures I thought that things were going really well, I had talked to Oliver about getting pictures and he was super excited about it. He was even excited to get dressed up. It turned out however that he thought I was talking about a baseball pitcher and when there was no ball and bat, just a guy with a camera things went downhill fast. I had such a humiliating experience that I haven't even bothered to pick out or order any pictures yet and we got them taken almost two months ago.

All I can say is kudos to photographers, it can be a rough job.




7 comments:

Mireille said...

Wow, with outfit changes and everything? That's impressive in and of itself. I have yet to have my kids or family professionally photographed. Definitely a nightmare waiting to happen

Dynamic Chiropractic said...

I have posted something on my blog just for you, rest assure you are not alone in feeling like a family photogenic failure.

Anonymous said...

SSSSSOOOOOOO CCCUUUUTTTTEEEEE!!!!!!
Holy cow those are adorable pictures!!! You guys did great!!

kkoyle said...

Ya did good...and I love the ruffled green sweater-so cute!

Norma Woolley said...

GReat Pictures. They are super. Love You, Grandma

Kendal and Kendra said...

Hope you don't mind...I found your blog! Those are such cute family photos! I love them. Thanks for a fun night. We will have to get together again soon!

Jon and Diana said...

Love the pictures. Last year we took family pictures and out of 150+ not a single one had all of us smiling. I feel your pain. I have yet to see this years attempt. Kids...=)