Friday, January 23, 2009

A Brief Reprieve


This week we have been enjoying temperatures in the 60-70's. It has been absolutely incredible and Ollie and I have been gobbling up every minute of outdoor weather before Denver remembers that it is January and the cold wind returns with a fury. All the nice weather has made us antsy to be outside all day long. Last night we decided to take a drive up Look-out mountain to Buffalo Bill's grave site and museum. The museum and gift shop were already closed, but the view of Golden (and Denver) was spectacular.

On the way home we stopped at Quiznos for some sandwiches. It was so funny to watch Ollie arrange his drink, chips and sandwich exactly the way his daddy did. My favorite was when he saw Sam wipe his face with a napkin, then crumple it up and throw it on the table. Of course Oliver insisted on doing the exact same thing and requested a new napkin after every bite. We went through a lot of napkins, but it was worth it to watch him and see his little personality. He surprises me everyday. I love it!

4 comments:

Jacqui said...

I've lived here my whole life (practically) and have never been to Buffalo Bill's. But I have seen look-out mountain. Beautiful.

Have you gone to see the dinosaur footprints yet? Maybe we could meet you.

This weather has been wacko. kraig said he wanted to sleep in the backyard on Wednesday night. Uh, it's still January, KRaig! Not June!

AshEnds said...

He's killin' me. He is so darn cute with all of his Daddy imitating. Those times are so precious. LOVE IT.

Seth and Emry Gubler said...

Lincoln had one nice day in the middle of our very cold and snowy winter. Adeline and I spent most of that day outside! She doesn't get to be in her stroller much and she loved sitting there enjoying the ride and nice weather. It was so nice to get out! We miss you!

Ann said...

Ollie is so stinking cute! He looks like an exact mix of both of you! I wish we were having awesome weather like you guys! It gets below 0 here at night! I can't wait for summer!