Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Product Plug


So, in case you weren't one to count up the weeks on your fingers, let me just tell you that I am only eight weeks pregnant. I had no intention of making an announcement so soon, however my burgeoning belly left me little choice. I can't believe how quickly my belly popped out this time. I had a pooch before I even realized I might be pregnant. Did anyone else experience this with their second?

I came to the conclusion, after my pregnancy with Oliver, that I am predisposed to prenatal obesity. Seriously, I get huge. I was probably only six months along when all of the bellyward comments I received changed from "what a cute bump" to "wow, you look ready to pop." I have been trying to mentally prepare myself to once again look like an elephant, but so soon? This is just ridiculous. To make matters worse I absolutely loathe all of my maternity clothes. The thought of breaking out that box leaves me sick with nausea. I never thought I could hate any clothes more than I hated the tattered and threadbare skirts and shirts I wore home from my mission, but I do. To make matters worse, I just can't aford to buy any new ones right now.

Luckily, I have found a solution to my belly bump battle. It is called a bella band. If you are pregnant or thinking about becoming so, this is a must have. It is just a strechy tube of fabric that you wear around your waist, over your unbuttened pre-pregnancy pants. The band holds them in place and even flattens out the bumps and wrinkles that come with leaving them unbuttoned. Now I can put off digging out my maternity clothes for at least a few more months. Yahoo. I'm not usually one to get so excited over something like this, but really, who wants to wear maternity clothes when they don't have to? Hopefully this post will save someone else out there from the horrors of the belly bulge.

6 comments:

Ann said...

Ok, first of all, I remember when we were pregers together and I was so jealouse that you had cutter clothes than I did. Not to mention a lot more of them! And second, WOW! COngrats! I wasn't expecting that. That is great news! And the due date is even cooler! Oh and thrid, I also remember you pregers and you were far from an elephant, or whatever animal you used to describe yourself. You are so much harder on yourself than you need to be! The Oversons are stocked for you! Maybe it will be a little girl this time! Can't wait to find out. YAY!

Jacqui said...

I had one of those. I used it more as a transitional between non-prego and prego clothes.

Congrats again!

maugers said...

Congrats!! Thanks for putting it on your blog :) The bella band looks awesome. And I"m sorry about not wanting to wear maternity clothes...I have no quick fix for that, except maybe borrow some. You can look at my box if you want. :)

Stacey said...

I know that Maternity things can be SUPER expensive, but if you have a Baby Gap near you with a Maternity section, you should stop by. We have TONS of stuff at the one I work at that is marked down to $6.97 or $4.97 and then you get 25% off on top of that through Saturday :) Like we have maternity jeans from last year that were originally $78.00 marked down to $9.99.

Danielle Rappleye said...

Congrats on your pregnancy. When I was pregnant with my second the doctor thought that I might be having twins because I measured so big in the beginning. Luckily their was only one in their. So I can definately relate to how you are feeling. Hang in there and once again congratulations!

Veronica and Ryan said...

I popped quick with the second one too. I would offer you my old maternity clothes, but they are dang ugly I would hate for anyone to have to wear them!