Friday, January 30, 2009

My Baby Came Back

I understand that God knows more than I do and I also believe that He knows what is best. Despite my faith in His omnipotence, there are still some things I just don't understand. For example, why did He make it so painful for babies to grow new teeth? Ollie has had a rough time with every tooth. I can handle the runny nose and high fever, but there is nothing worse than a continually grouchy toddler. We have been fighting some new teeth on and off for about three weeks now. Just when I was ready to stop blaming the teeth and accept the fact that perhaps the terrible two's had settled upon us a few months early, those darn teeth finally popped through and Oliver snapped out of it.

It was like having a new toddler overnight. Literally. I remembered that I love being a mom and that my son is an absolute joy. It is like spring in the middle of January. To celebrate my baby's return, Oliver and I met up with some friends at the local gymnastics center. They have a huge room set up with gymnastics equipment for toddlers and children and have open play-time once a day. Oliver loved running, jumping and climbing and trying to do everything that the bigger kids were doing. It was great to find another fun and cheap winter activity.



4 comments:

Jacqui said...

I've heard of one of those around here somewhere. I should check it out.

Next week. We're on.

A Note from Kaleo and Megan said...

I don't check your blog for one week and you announce your big news. I am so excited for you! Don't worry about the baby bump. I look pregnant and my baby is nearly two! Plus, I'm sure Oliver will keep you running enough that you won't have time to pack any actual weight on. Are you still planning to go to Texas for the summer? Are you going to make a stop in SLC before then? E-mail me the details. Miss you guys!

The Domans said...

Congrats on number two! I didn't know you went on a mission. Where did you go?

The Domans said...

oh by the way, I will be making my blog private soon, so you should post your email on my blog!