Sunday, January 18, 2009

Where did Kramer hide the muffin bottoms?

Did you ever see the Seinfeld episode where Kramer has the ingenious idea to sell only muffin tops, because that is the only part that people like to eat anyway? The episode ends with him driving around Manhattan with a bus full of muffin bottoms desperately trying to find a way to dispose of them. Well, we are experiencing a similar dilemma around our house this week. Only on a much smaller scale. Our local grocery store had a sale on miniature snack crackers, i.e. oreos, nutter butters and ritz crackers with cheese. I stocked up thinking that Oliver would like them as snacks. It turned out I was right, sort-of. Ollie likes to pull them apart and will only eat the side with the cream or cheese, the other half gets discarded. I don't want to just throw them away so I am collecting baggies and baggies of "other-halves." I don't have enough to fill up a Manhattan bus so I suppose I will just have to dispose of them the same way that I get rid of all the other food that I don't want to eat - pack it in Sam's lunch. Sorry honey.

On a happier note, I am very excited to report that Oliver went to nursery by himself for the very first time today. He is not officially eighteen months until February, but we started "practicing" last week. Meaning, we took him in there and stayed with him the entire time. This week when we took him there he ran right in and couldn't have cared less if we were around or not, so we left. He is not old enough yet, but they already had his name up on the board and that was good enough for us. I was pretty fidgety by the end of church. Not becuase I was worried about Ollie, but because I haven't actually sat down consecutively for that amount of time in at least ten or eleven months. It will take some getting used to.

Oliver also went in for his shots and check-up this week. The doctor placed him once again in the 50th percentile for both his height and weight. Which greatly confuses me because he isn't average, he is much taller than the other kids his age. It makes me wonder if the way they rank them has anything to do with where they started from, i.e. their birth weight. If there is anyone out there who is more knowledgeable about this than I am I would love an explanation.

Sam took this picture of Ollie after Oliver swiped Sam's ice cream and then his sunglasses.

4 comments:

Jacqui said...

My idea for the crackers is to take Ollie and feed the ducks.

I hope their stomachs don't explode with all that fake cheese :).

maugers said...

Feeding ducks is a great idea...I have no other ideas on that :) But, I do know that Lydia is about 25% height, and 20% weight...so maybe all the kids Ollie's age are actually really small? I"m not sure. Lydia's always been small and Alex was HUGE on all the charts. But they were born the exact same size. Glad he's healthy :)

Whitney said...

You need Newman to eat all the muffin bottoms. He is a cleaner, and just give him a gallon of milk and all the bottoms will disappear.

A Note from Kaleo and Megan said...

I like the feed the ducks idea. Also, I have no idea on the percentile thing. I was told that it was on what they should be at their age, but they keep telling me Kai is in the 90th for height and Kaleo and I aren't that tall. Also, Kai was pretty small when she was born. She just started growing last summer. When you figure it out, let me know.