Monday, August 17, 2009

The big momma limp-waddle

How do I know it is time to have this baby? I think I may be waddling now instead of just simply walking. To make matters worse, I slipped on our tile floor the other day and had to pull off some pretty impressive acrobatics in order to remain upright. The result, I think I pulled every muscle in my left side. I've spent the past few days limp-waddling around. This means that the last remaining ten percent of people who had not yet begun to pity the big pregnant lady are now beginning to do so. I can see it in their eyes.

As if that were not enough, even Ollie has begun to point out my elephant-like size. He has been on this kick lately in which he has to always point out a mom, dad and baby; i.e. "mommy tree," "daddy tree," and "baby tree." He does the same thing with rocks, sticks, crackers, toys - you name it. Sadly, over the past few weeks I have observed a change in his selection habits. It has become more and more apparent that the "daddy" object is no longer the biggest of the three. That's right, "mommy" is always the largest stick, rock or puddle. There is nothing like having a two-year-old put it all in perspective for you! Good thing I only have three weeks to go.

5 comments:

maugers said...

Sorry you slipped. Alex would always want to touch my big belly. And then he'd stick out his stomach saying that he looks like mommy. They really do have a way with words :) Good luck with the last few weeks, and hopefully you won't be the biggest stick for long :)

Mireille said...

Too bad that slip didn't just start labor and you could be done with the whole pregnancy thing. I hope you didn't get hurt too badly. Evan said lots of innocent, yet hurtful things too. Leave it up to kids to tell as it is.

Mireille said...

Too bad that slip didn't just start labor and you could be done with the whole pregnancy thing. I hope you didn't get hurt too badly. Evan said lots of innocent, yet hurtful things too. Leave it up to kids to tell as it is.

kkoyle said...

Ouch! I remember slipping on some ice when I was prego with Reese. Yeah, the muscle's don't just spring back too fast, do they! Take it easy.

A Note from Kaleo and Megan said...

Happy Belated Birthday Janell! Sorry I missed it. Good luck with the baby. I hope things go well for you. Miss you guys.