Sunday, August 9, 2009

The Toddler Years



























My baby turned two today and so we have officially entered the toddler years. I can't believe he has been with us for two whole years and at the same time Sam and I can't seem to remember what life without Ollie was like. He is growing and learning in leaps and bounds these days. He knows his all his colors and can even count to five (though not always in order). We haven't quite hit what everyone calls the "terrible twos" - at least as far as the tantrums are concerned. He is still easy-going and sweet, but certainly finds his fair share of trouble. He likes to take things apart and seems to have an obsession with sticking things down holes. All of his sidewalk chalk disappeared the other day and I finally located it in one big pile right below a knothole in the deck. Oliver is a people watcher and he picks things out that I never see. Lots of times he will tell me he sees something like a train or a blue balloon which I usually don't see it at first and can only find if I really look hard. On top of everything Oliver is very loving, he like snuggles and hugs and kisses and he loves us all to be together in the same room. He also likes to call Sam and I "guys," as in "guys a park!" or "guys go walk." He never stops amazing us or making us laugh, so happy birthday to my precious two-year-old we sure do love you!!

5 comments:

Jacqui said...

That is a darling photo of you meeting Oliver after his birth. It totally catches the moment.

Happy Birthday, little buddy!

Anna said...

Happy Birthday Oliver! I can't believe he is two, where do the years go? It is so fun to see all of the pictures.

Ashley said...

your little guy is the most adorable little man!! He is going to be a total heartbreaker!! I can't wait to see what your new little one looks like! I'm sure they'll be equally as adorable! Happy birthday Oliver!!

PS... I miss sitting by you in church... and having you over for sunday meals. That was too fun!

Mireille said...

24 months of crazy handsomeness, Happy Birthday Oliver! He really is so handsome. I wish you were still here and we could go trick-or-treating again this year (you can if you want to, we have room for you guys to stay up here!) He looked so cute in that dragon costume.

The Busey Family said...

So all of these pictures are adorable. He is such a cutie! I especially love the second one and the one in his jacket. So cute!