Friday, August 7, 2009

Parting is such sweet sorrow...

I sold my jogging stroller today, it was a bittersweet moment. Sweet because I managed to sell it for only ten dollars less than I paid for it a year and a half ago, but sad because it marked the end of an era. I think that Ollie and I both shed a tear as we watched it roll away. My tear wasn't so much for the stroller itself, although "Bob" has been a great friend, but for what it represented, my time with Oliver- just the two of us. Oliver and I are good buddies and we have so much fun hanging out all day long. I know that when Ruby comes she will only add to the joy and fun, but for right now I am missing the life that I have gotten so used to. I just keep wondering, can anything be as great as this?

5 comments:

Mireille said...

The last few weeks of pregnancy are so hard for me because I'm bloated, swollen, uncomfortable and so I lose patience with everything. But the thing that kept me patient and loving was knowing that those were the last few days I'd have with just me and Evan. So treasure it, because it's a huge change. Of course it only gets better, but these days are special. I wonder how Oliver is going to react with having to share his mommy.

Veronica and Ryan said...

Don't worry. I got sentimental right before I had Elijah too, but it is better with two. And you will still have lots of fun times just you and Oliver, the baby will sleep a lot at first! ;)

Jacqui said...

I love having two also. It's super crazy at times, but I wouldn't have it any other way. When you meet your little jewel you'll realize that she's what has been missing.

They sell some great double joggers too :)

Jacqui said...

PS I love the name Ruby. So darling!

The Busey Family said...

I was actually thinking about what life would be like with another baby and how Braeden would act. Not good. I should have bought your jogging stroller. I need to start jogging. I hope you are doing okay. Maybe sometime we will be able to come and visit you and your new baby after things get settled down. Let me know. Miss you and your cute little family!