Sunday, August 23, 2009

To think, it could all be over. . . . .

I sat down last week and made a huge list of things that I wanted to get done before the baby comes. I haven't gotten much of it accomplished yet, so you can imagine my surprise when I found myself in the hospital in labor at 2:00 a.m. this morning. I had been having regular contractions for about six or seven hours but couldn't decide if it was real or not. Although my contractions were still only in the "uncomfortable" stage and not yet painful I decided to make a trip to the hospital, just to see. The last thing I wanted was to cut it too close. Well, they hooked me up to a monitor and as it turned out I was in labor. Because my baby was still breeched at my last check-up I had them do an ultra-sound, which confirmed that she still had not turned around. Had I continued laboring I would have ended up having a c-section so I asked if there was still time to stop the labor in order to give her a few more days to flip around. One tiny little shot later I found myself on my way home and feeling fine. However, when I woke up this morning and realized that I was still pregnant and didn't have to be I could have kicked myself. What was I thinking asking for that shot!! Oh well, if she does manage to turn around and I get to have a normal deliver I'm sure I will not regret my decision.

11 comments:

Mireille said...

You are a brave woman. I respect your commitment to have a normal delivery. I wonder if I would have your strength or just go for the knife. Good luck! It sounds like Ruby's anxious to meet you!

maugers said...

That is so exciting! I don't know if I wouldn't asked for the shot either, but I guess C-sections are kind of scary. I can't believe you might have an early one! At least now you have a little time for that to do list :)

AshEnds said...

Oh man... I think I would have done the same thing, but that is a hard pill to swallow. Keep us posted.

Veronica and Ryan said...

It is getting so close!! Will you send me your address through email or the message thing on Facebook? I have something for you but couldn't go to your shower because I was working.

Jacqui said...

Oooo! So close! since I've only done c-sections, I can tell you it's not horrible. But I've never tried the other way, so take that for what it's worth. I'm sure you were wise to wait for this little girl to right herself.

Good luck!

Ann said...

Wow! You're going to have a little girl on your hands soon! I can't wait to see pictures. We'll keep you in our prayers!

kkoyle said...

Close call! I don't know if I would have taken the shot, but I am glad everything is okay!

Mason clan 5 said...

I am so jealous. Since I have c-sections I would pay anything right know to have this baby out. But way to go to try and have it regular. My friends baby turned the day she was supposed to have a c- sec. Good luck. I am schulded for thursday but it is not coming fast enough!!!!

Michael & Nikki said...

Good Luck! Can't wait to see pictures of her!

Anna said...

Wow, I am impressed. That's nice you can get your to-do list done though, that's something I didn't get done and it's about impossible once she gets here.

Julie said...

Good luck, Janell! I hope she flips around for you in time. Please let us know when she arrives.